How our Sorb-Tec works
Sorb-Tec injectors are fitted to ducts externally, replacing all lances on a one-to-one basis. Using boosted air, Sorb-Tec injectors enhance mixing and dispersion of the sorbent within the duct, ensuring lower sorbent usage and improved flexibility while increasing the efficiency of the chemical reaction. By reducing sorbent usage, Sorb-Tec technology also provides instant cost savings.
Nol-Tec Sorb-Tec - the difference
- Plugging and maintenance issues
- Because the injector is installed external to the duct, it is not directly exposed to the hot flue gas. This helps minimize all associated pluggage associated with injecting a variety of sorbents through lance-based designs.
- Reduction in sorbent usage / costs
- Capable of reducing sorbent usage by up to 85% compared to lance-based designs, fast payback and immediate benefits can be realized.
- Meeting emission targets
- With experience for SO2, SO3, HCl and Hg, Sorb-Tec has the ability to reduce the pollutant level further, preparing your system against any future tighter environmental control.
- Improved performance with load changes
- With all plants requiring greater load flexibility, traditional one-size-fits-all systems don’t provide optimal performance. Sorb-Tec is in-built flexibility via a VFD, ensuring that the boost air can be modified depending on load operation to maximize performance.
- Changing sorbent type or supplier
- Improved dispersion is a good characteristic of all sorbent injection technology regardless of sorbent type. Sorb-Tec is proven to benefit systems injecting all main forms of dry sorbents including hydrated lime, sodium bicarbonate, Trona and activated carbon.
For more detailed information about Sorb-Tec, you can download product literature below.
View all literature