How our ash handling works
Dense phase positive pressure conveying removes ash from collection hoppers and moves material in slugs, capable of traveling long distances. By leveraging Air Assist technology to control the material-to-air ratios, system wear and material abrasion are minimized. Nol-Tec’s system uses dilute phase positive pressure, dilute phase vacuum, and — more commonly — dense phase positive pressure conveying. In the case of dense phase pressure conveying, we also specialize in controls and customization of how the abrasive product is handled. Dense phase can be done continuously, using high and low level probes to accommodate change in ash production due to process changes.
Nol-Tec ash handling - the difference
- Dense phase can be done continuously, using high and low level probes to accommodate for changes in ash production due to process changes.
- Ash handling systems can also be done in a non-purge fashion leaving material in the line (with air assists) and starting systems back up with full lines.
- Dilute phase vacuum utilized to move ash material shorter distances, to a vacuum filter receiver which effectively separates particulate matter from the air utilizing filter media. This mode also limits outward discharge in the event of a pipe/system leak.
- Nol-Tec utilizes appropriate valves for abrasiveness and temperature requirements.
- Fully automatic.
- Continuous removal of ash material.
- The addition of Air Assist technology prevents back feeding, leading to increased system reliability and flexibility in system control.
For more detailed information about ash handling, you can download product literature below.
View all literature