FIVE DESIGN CONSIDERATIONS TO ENSURE MOISTURE DOES NOT DEGRADE YOUR BATTERY
Designing a successful pneumatic conveying system for battery production requires careful consideration of several key factors. In this article, we explore five important elements that must be taken into account when constructing a system to control moisture, improve safety, and ensure a more stable product.
Many of the dry bulk materials used in the manufacture of batteries have hygroscopic tendencies and therefore presents a manufacturing challenge to ensure that the material handling system deals with removing and limiting moisture. A well-engineered pneumatic conveying system provides the best solution to control moisture and ensures a safer and more stable manufactured battery.
Five considerations that ensure a good system design are:
- Foremost, supply compressed air with a dryer package, sized appropriately to remove enough moisture so that it does not affect the product quality
- In dilute phase, it is recommended to install dehumidification equipment at the inlet of the conveying air in order to improve the pressure or vacuum of the motive gas.
- Using a positive pressure purge of dry air or gas in hoppers and silos can help prevent the entry of moisture-rich air from the atmosphere.
- A weighted atmospheric damper installed on the clean air discharge of any related bin vent or filter can further reduce the chances of moisture entering the system.
- Lastly, you may want to consider using a conveying medium with no moisture, such as nitrogen.
Click here to learn more visit Pneumatic Conveying in Battery Manufacturing Process | Nol-Tec.
A pneumatic conveying system that is carefully designed and constructed can help to effectively control moisture and provide a safer and more stable battery production process.
- Supply compressed air with a dryer package.
- Install dehumidification equipment at the inlet of the conveying air.
- Consider using a conveying medium with no moisture, such as nitrogen.
How can we help?
Maybe you need a new system, an upgrade to an existing system, or a retrofit. Regardless of size, industry, or material, we are here to help you get your project and product moving.Get in touch