Assist Control Systems Engineer(s) to meet project deadlines by helping manage engineering documentation, develop engineering manuals, and coordinate project correspondence. Internship also provides opportunities for exposure to software written for Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), Human Machine Interfaces (HMIs), and data collection systems. Work schedule is flexible with anticipated weekly time commitment being approximately 15-20 hours.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists supervisor and engineers in creating or updating engineering documentation and/or engineering manuals. May also assist in coordinating project correspondence.
- Observes, learns, and participates in application of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), Human Machine Interfaces (HMI), and data collection systems.
- Participates in continual Quality improvement of department work activities.
- Complies with company safety regulations.
- Assists supervisor and/or other department engineers with project work as needed.
- Student in electronics, electrical engineering, chemical engineering or computer control systems disciplines.
- Junior or Senior Engineering student.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, primarily Word and Excel.
- Knowledge and/or interest in process controls and computer programming.
- Systematic approach to problem solving and troubleshooting.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read, comprehend and follow complicated instructions.
- Effective verbal and written business communications.
- Electrical and mechanical aptitude.
- Good judgment to maintain confidentiality of company and customer information.
Mental, Physical, and Sensory Demands:
- Normal periods of concentration required to complete assignments within established deadlines.
- Ability to combine, evaluate, and reason with information and data to make decisions and solve problems.
- Ability to adapt to change.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- May sit at desk for extended periods of time.
- Repetitive hand motions associated with drawing and keyboarding.
- Extensive exposure to computer monitor.
- May also encounter extensive standing, walking, climbing, pushing, pulling, crawling, bending, reaching/stretching, lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds.
- Routinely sees, speaks, hears, and listens.
Work may be performed in a standard office setting or customer manufacturing site. Air quality and noise levels in the office setting are within normal limits. Air quality and noise may occasionally be above normal limits at customer manufacturing sites. Eye, hearing, and safety protection is required at manufacturing sites. Exposure to excessive noise, dust, humidity, and fumes may occur during equipment testing at customer sites. May be required to work more hours than normally expected during a regular work week depending on workload and deadline requirements.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M / F / D / V
Job duties and requirements may be subject to modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Requirements are representative of the minimum levels of education, experience, and skills required to perform the essential functions of this job. The job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. Nol-Tec Systems, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.