How DSI works
Sorbents are pneumatically injected into the flue gas stream, absorbing the pollutants. The sorbent material used and the rate at which it is injected, depends upon the gas flow, flue gas chemistry and the targeted mitigation levels.
Nol-Tec's DSI - the difference
- Essential for improved pollutant mitigation, Nol-Tec’s resistive splitting technology is a simple and effective solution to ensure even distribution.
- We leverage chemistry modeling to provide a more accurate and predictive tool for emission reduction. Complex Fluid Dynamics (CFD) can be used for both practical design, creating optimal solutions and problem solving.
- Nol-Tec has the largest fleet of on-site test systems that can provide you with the practical understanding of the capability of DSI in your facility.
- Our continuous weight metering system accurately delivers sorbent at desired rates to achieve EPA compliance without wasting materials.
- We provide ongoing support throughout the lifecycle of your system.
- We have an exclusive patented technology, Sorb-Tec™, which is installed externally to the duct, providing enhanced mixing and dispersion between sorbent and flue gas, providing up to an 80% reduction in sorbent usage.