Electrostatic precipitators, or ESPs, have been the primary air quality control device for particulate abatement in industrial and utility processes for over a century. These devices provide a very energy-efficient means of collecting and removing particulate matter from gas streams.
Basic Operating Principal of Dry ESP Devices
- Discharge electrodes in an electrostatic precipitator produce a corona effect that introduce negatively charged ions into the process exhaust gases. These ions create ionized zones in the gas stream around the discharge electrodes which migrate to the precipitator’s grounded collecting plates.
- Particulate suspended in the gas enter the electrostatic precipitator and pass through the ionized field. This negatively charges the particulate which causes it to travel to the collecting plate’s grounded surface.
- The negatively charged particles collect on the electrostatic precipitator’s collecting plates, where the charge dissipates. The collected particles are knocked loose by the precipitator’s rappers and are collected in hoppers for removal/disposal.
Benefits of Nol-Tec’s Dry Electrostatic Precipitators
Although all modern dry electrostatic precipitators control particulate emissions via the same general operating principle outlined above, Nol-Tec’s Lodge Cottrell Division electrostatic precipitators offer a number of advantages that make them the #1 choice for a wide range of industrial and utility applications.
- Tailored to Your Application Requirements: Rather than offering a “one size fits all” product, we tailor our electrostatic precipitators to the needs of our customers’ unique applications. (See below for more.)
- Electrode Options: We utilize a variety of discharge electrodes, and will review your application to determine which type is best for your needs. (See below for more.)
- Collecting Plates: While many of our competitors’ products use lightweight panel collecting plates, Nol-Tec’s electrostatic precipitators feature rugged, fully shop-assembled, collecting plates.
- High Voltage Frames: The high voltage frames of most dry ESP devices hang from rigid structures or spring systems, both of which often lead to broken support insulators. Instead, our electrostatic precipitators’ high voltage frames are mounted on T-frames under the hot roof. These frames provide flexibility and minimize stress on insulators for longer working life and better overall performance.
- Online Maintainability: Our ESPs feature no moving parts in the gas stream. This allows for online maintenance without removing the electrostatic precipitator from the system. By minimizing maintenance downtime, productivity is improved.
- High Reliability with Low Maintenance: Nol-Tec’s ESP’s control particulate emissions with up to 99.9% efficiency and feature fully automatic controls for minimal operator involvement. Robust construction, premium components and materials, and proven designs allow for reliable operation with minimal maintenance requirements.
Contact Nol-Tec Systems today for the ESP solution you need.
The Right Electrostatic Precipitator for YOUR Application
Nol-Tec’s Lodge Cottrell Division dry electrostatic precipitators can collect both coarse and sub-micron particles, and can perform over a wide range of inlet conditions, temperatures, pressures, and dust burden levels.
While most of our competitors offer a few “stock” ESP models that require their clients to find a solution that will work for their application, we tailor our electrostatic precipitators to each customer’s unique needs. Our skilled team will perform electrostatic precipitator process evaluations and performance predictions to determine which options will best control particulate emissions in your application.
We then match the discharge electrodes to your process conditions. We utilize pipe-and-spike discharge electrodes in either centerline, tangential, or double-density configurations, and can install multiple discharge electrode styles in a single housing if such a setup will yield the best results.
Ultimately, the design of your Nol-Tec’s Lodge Cottrell Division electrostatic precipitator depends on your process. We are experts at adapting our ESP solutions to meet customer requirements.
Though dry ESP devices are by far the most common, we can also supply a customized wet ESP solution should your process require it. We also offer fabric filters for baghouse dust collectors.
Nol-Tec’s Lodge Cottrell Division team are ESP experts. Contact us today so we can get started on a high performance, high efficiency electrostatic precipitator for your application.